Jansenn Attorneys specialise in providing POPI legal services and compliance assistance.
POPI is an acronym for the Protection of Personal Information Act. The Act regulates how all businesses who collect (or process) personal information are required to collect, store and use that personal information from the moment it is collected up until the moment it is destroyed.
South Africa is still waiting for a commencement date for the Act to be published, but once POPI commences, all businesses will have 1 year to become fully compliant. For many businesses this may not be enough time.
With over four and a half years of POPI experience already, Jansenn Attorneys can assist you and help you begin your POPI compliance journey now, to ensure that your business stays ahead of the curve.
Some of the POPI legal services we can assist you with include:
- Initial POPI learning/awareness training sessions, to teach you and your employees (including your executive and management team) about what POPI entails and what the legal requirements of POPI are
- High level business gap analyses, to assess your businesses existing compliance with the Act and identify gaps that need to be filled to become compliant
- Privacy implementation planning, to determine what needs to be done to ensure that you become POPI compliant within the required time-frame
- Legal assistance with developing various privacy policies, procedures and key legal implementation requirements
- Data protection/ information privacy agreements and standard clauses for your business